Saturday, September 18, 2010

Charms for September charm swap with Cindy

Ok so my blog managing skills are lacking, I'm working on that. I can only juggle so many online sites at one time .... well that and I'm learning new crafting skills. Woot woot! Yay me!   

I've made so many projects over the summer it's insane and I am having a BLAST! Crocheting, making mini albums, cards, shadow boxes, altered wood shelves, charms...you name it I've had my grubby hands on it LOL

I have always wanted to learn beading and jewelry making but could never quite get it. I even held onto some of the supplies I bought when I first started out. So now the big thing is making charms to attach to a mini album or whatever you want to hang it from but mainly it's the mini album. One of the ladies I subscribe to on YouTube was hosting a charm swap for September and I dove in head first and signed up. I had so much fun!!  (so of course I had to go out and buy tons more beads and findings....tsk) YAAAAY!  I had to make 8 charms for my group and I will get back 1 of mine plus 1 from each of the 7 ladies in my group. 

I decided to go for an autumn theme ... I am so ready for the holidays to start!!!  :)

Stamp set used Inkadinkadoo Fall Season

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, what stamp did you use for the background in this project. I really like the "classy" look. Also, did you use any distressed ink pads for this? Thanks, these look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, and such a nice comment too! :)
    I used Inkadinkado's Fall Seasons stamp, I'll try to upload a picture of the set. I used the tree and also the flourish at the top of the tag. The distress inks I used were Peeled Paint, Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo and Antique Linen. The tree and the flourish at the top were stamped with the distress ink and then clear embossing powder over. The 3 small leaves at the bottom were using Martha Stewart copper, gold and silver embossing powder (I give her embossing powders 5 stars, amazing!). Thank you again and Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete