Saturday, March 24, 2012

Repurposed Frame

Ok I never know what is "repurposed" or "upcycled" or "altered"... it's the same right?  Well, call it what you like... this is what I did.    I had an old ugly print (see before pic) and was going to toss it but decided I'd turn it around and create something. I had no idea what cuz it's HUGE.  20 x 18.    I finally used some of my Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden papers. So beautiful I just hate to cut them LOL   But I chose 3 different patterns and 2 of them I cut down to fit around the 1 I left in the center uncut. I distressed the center piece with TH brushed corduroy and also distressed the lace with it. I glimmer misted a large doily and cut it in half, put each half on opposite corners. Brown velvet ribbon to hide the seam and finally I cut out some of the images from the scraps of my papers. I matted a photo of my nephew and niece, my favorite photo of them even thought it's about 8 years old. K&Co chipboard letters spell out "spring fun" (we were at the Houston Zoo in March of that year). I left room at the bottom to add some journaling later.   I was worried it would be too thick to fit back in the frame (glass front, almost zero depth to it) but it fit!  I'm so happy with how it turned out !




No comments:

Post a Comment